Oh look another resolution/goal post to coincide with the new year! We’ve not all seen this before! Whatever your stance is on the idea of resolutions I think it’s always good to set a few for yourself, but I haven’t been creating manageable ones. For my 2018 goals I wanted to come up with some ideas that I knew I would be able to stick to. Or at the very least have worked towards. This year I have some personal goals, and some blog ones. No surprises there!
- Be debt free, or at least as debt free as possible! Without going into too much detail, university ruined me financially. What with the rent of a room being the same as a house in some instances. It can be a little difficult to keep your head afloat. Over the past couple of years I have been making positive steps but I want to finally be debt free before the end of this year. One less thing to worry about then!
- Start using my French and Spanish more. I sometimes feel like I’m letting my degree go to waste. I rarely get the chance to practice my languages and I miss being able to use them frequently. I’m not sure how I’m going to start using them more, but it may mean some extra reading and looking for TV shows online again!
- Read at least 12 books. For someone who is a self-confessed bibliophile this might seem like a small number. But over the past couple of years I’ve barely read anything, I just haven’t made the time for it like I used to! So I’m aiming for at least one book a month, but hopefully more! (Follow me on goodreads to see how well I keep up with this here.)
- Sort out my health. I used to be really fit and active, but over the past few years that has slowly dropped off the face of a cliff. And not in a good way. I feel more sluggish, I don’t have as much energy and I’ve piled on the lbs. Not the most dire, but I think it’s contributed to the first two. I’ve already been trying to make these changes as seen with my monthly fitness updates, but I think I need to tackle the food I’m eating as well. I’m not into diets or restrictive eating, and personally think they can cause more issues, but I want to be more conscious of the food I’m eating.
- Blog at least twice a week. I had already started trying to implement this, but if I write it down I’m hoping it will stick more. December was my best month for posts uploaded and I want to carry on that motivation in 2018. If I can harness whatever I was doing last month, it shouldn’t be a problem. Now to figure out where the motivation came from!
- I want to start weekly vlogging. I’ve missed making youtube videos but it’s been so long that I feel weird behind a camera again. My plan to change this is to start making weekly vlogs. I’m hoping it will also grow my confidence to film videos outside, such as when I’m travelling, at events or with Todd! All of which I seem to be failing at currently. But this is what goals are for!
I don’t think I have anythings else to add to me 2018 goals list. But I think these 6 should go some way to making 2018 a good year for me. And also maybe more productive than the last few. Also a couple of my blogging baes have done their own 2018 posts, that you should definitely read! For Molly’s post click here, and for Becca’s post click here.
Hasta la fuego