I’ve not done one of these for a while so I thought I would share another one of my favourite meals at the moment. This is a quick and simple meal that should only take around 20 minutes to make, including prep time! These ingredients are enough for two people or maybe just one person depending on how much pasta you want to use. This is quite a cheap recipe so if you’re on a budget it’s a good choice!
- Philadelphia/ some other brand of soft cheese
- Mushrooms (this can be as many as you want)
- 1/4 Red Pepper
- 1/2 Onion
- Salt, pepper, oregano, parsley
- First take a normal sized pan, fill it with water and place it on the hob to boil. Once you’ve done this take a frying pan and add a couple of tablespoons of oil to the bottom of it.
- Dice the onion and add to the oil on a low heat.
- Take the mushrooms and roughly chop them into smaller pieces before adding them to the onions. After this add the pasta to the boiling pan of water, stirring occasionally.
- Take the pepper and cut into thin strips before dicing. Once the pepper is at the length for you add to the mushrooms and onions and turn up the heat.
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper, oregano and parsley to the onion, mushrooms and red pepper whilst constantly stirring.
- Once the onions and mushrooms start to caramelise, turn down the heat and allow to cool.
- Add one heaped tablespoon of the cream cheese to the mix and carefully stir in until it is fully melted. Then add one teaspoon of pesto and mix into the cheese fully. Making sure that it is mixed evenly throughout.
- Leave to cook for a few minutes. If you want to make a more cream like sauce add a dash of milk to make the sauce more liquidy.
- Drain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan and stir so that all of the pasta is covered by the sauce. Once fully mixed, serve on a plate of your choice.
if you do try this recipe out let me know, and also let me know what you think of it! I would love to hear if other people enjoy this as much as I do!
Hasta la fuego