,Last week I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Fliss over at Fliss’s Kisses. I’ve not know Fliss for long, but she is a lovely person and her writing style is definitely something that I enjoy! She only started blogging properly this year and I think she has the hang of it. Go and check her out if you haven’t done before.
As part of any award, there are always a set of rules that must be followed and adhered to. This is no different with the below list:
1. Anyone nominated needs to write a post to reflect the nominations
2. Mention the blogger(s) who nominated you with a link back to their blog
3. You will need to write a brief history of your blog, detailing why you started in the first place
4. Share two general pieces of advice for others.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers.
6. Let your 15 bloggers know that you have nominated them.
Technically the first two have already been completed. This makes things a little easier to get through. It can sometimes seem like the first two rules are a little pointless. But it’s always good to have a little reminder! I know I could be forgetful enough, to at least write and publish the post! Although the blogger recognition award is not your typical sort of award. It is nice to see when people within the community appreciate the work and effort that you put into your posts!
I don’t know how many people have been with me since the start of my blog. It was set up in 2012 as a travel blog to show off my year abroad in a way that friends and family at home could keep up to date with what I was doing. It’s why I also started vlogging, but that’s a different story! My blog has had a bit of a re-brand since it’s initial start. I went from being The Journey To The Centre of New Experiences to My Lavender Tinted World. The name is still pretty long but at least it dropped! I mean, the first name could still have represented what I wanted but I felt at the time it was too restrictive. I wanted something that could open up all doors to me. To be able to write about books, or make up when I wanted.
I’ve always wanted to write and I think my blog allowed me to do that in an easier form. I mean I’ve not given up on my dream of publishing a novel. But for the time being, I can talk about so many more things. I feel like the change allowed me to expand and and open up more. I do still love my travel posts! But it’s nice to talk about everything and anything I want to.
I don’t know if the two pieces of advice or blog or general life related. I think I’ll balance it out with one for each!
- You don’t need to follow any set rules in blogging. Write about what you love and you will be fine! Don’t try and follow what others are doing, as people can tell when you aren’t really into the topic
- Not everyone is going to like you, don’t try to please everyone and focus on those that truly matter.
I admit, not the most sage of advice but I think they help. It’s not like not following that will make anything worse!
I’ve come to the hardest part of the post. Trying to narrow it down to just 15 bloggers that deserve the extra recognition. I think all my blogging friends are absolutely smashing it and it seems unfair to focus on 15 but hopefully they will be able to pass it on to some more that I love!
- Katy at The Lilac Scrapbook. She doesn’t need my help in getting any recognition as she is one of the best bloggers that I know. She is also one of the first that I followed and started talking to when I first started blogging properly back in 2014! Also, she does so much for her local community, with her fiancée Sam, via their CarnLIVal events. And if you haven’t already, you should check her out!
- Tasmin from Grandiose Days. Always a really friendly person to talk to, I’ve know Tasmin for a number of years. I’m always in shock that we went to the same uni and never met! And I kinda wish we had as it would have meant I would have know this wonderful girl for even longer! She writes about a variety of topics. But I really enjoy her posts about becoming a home owner from this year!
- Becca from Tea With B. I’ve not known her for that long but already I love her! She’s an American with a love for tea like any Brit would be proud of? What more could you want? Her posts are always from the heart and you can tell that she really cares about the post she is writing. She’s quickly become one of my fave bloggers and I’m so happy to have stumbled across her!
- Billie over at Billie Geena. One of my fellow Sheffield bloggers and someone I have travelled overseas with. Billie used to write about Beauty, Food, Lifestyle, and Travel but she has taken a step back from Beauty recently as she realised it wasn’t something she was passionate about. That sort of honesty and decision making is something that anyone needs in their life.
- Mollie at Mollie Clark. If her posts on twitter about how to improve social media marketing weren’t enough, then her blog posts are for you! This girl knows what she’s talking about. She doesn’t just blog and write about social media marketing, she is a social media manager by day as well. As well as that, she is a really down to earth girl and one who is good for a chat.
- Michelle at Broke But Flawless. Although she hasn’t been able to post a lot recently due to the power outages still faced in Puerto Rico, her blog is one I love going back to. Michelle has a a unique way of describing her experiences of the two hurricanes that hit the Caribbean earlier this year but her passion is evident throughout her entire blog. Hopefully once the infrastructure stabilises a little more she will be able to get back into it!
- Divya from The Dizzying Heights. I will admit I’ve not read this girl’s blog as much as I should. But I definitely should as she writes about so many interesting topics. I like how she deals with her posts in a straight-forward way and you feel like you are really getting to know her.
- Danielle from Under To Wonderland. An unashamed Disney lover, who not only posts on her blog about Disney but her twitter as well. It’s refreshing to see someone who is this passionate for something they love and it’s one of the many reasons I enjoy going to Danielle’s site!
- Beverley from Beverbee. A really happy girl who is great to spend time with! She;s currently doing a Black and White photo challenge, so make sure to head to her instagram as well.
- Valerie from Crashed Like Lighting. Val was my blog of the month a few months back, so you can read about why she deserves to be included in this list over here. But she honestly deserves more people to check her out.
- Alice who blogs at Dainty Alice. Again, this lovely lady has also been a part of my blog of the month series. (Her particular post can be found here.) She is one of the best beauty bloggers that I know and she is always there for her friends. I feel lucky to be able to count myself as one of them! Although she probably doesn’t need this recognition award. I think she completely deserves it.
- Kayleigh from White Daisies. I met Kayleigh briefly a few years ago and began to follow her on twitter. I think it may have been one of my best decisions as she tweets, an awful lot! But it’s interesting things, and not tweets for the sake of tweets. Her blog is split between Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle and more diary style entries. This means there is a little bit for everyone there!
- Tracy who blogs at Naughty Forty Diaries. The blog itself is by Tracey and her friend Liz and showcases the many different areas of their lives. I really enjoy the Ladies Who Lunch series as I’m a bit nosey and love seeing what people order to eat!
- Shelley from Shelley Beth. Shelley is a blogger from Norwich with a love of sharing what she’s up to! Her blog is split into 5 main categories and with regular posts it is a place you don’t want to miss out on!
- Kara at Spread The Sparkle. A self-confessed beauty addict, Kara is one not to miss. Although Beauty is one of her main blog areas she also delves into Fashion, Lifestyle and Travel. Kara is a great blogger and one that I enjoy being able to read when I’m cosying up at night.
So I managed to narrow it down to 15 bloggers who deserve to be nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award. I can;t wait to see how any of this lovely lot respond!
Hasta la fuego